With our strong sense of community and dedication to quality in early childhood education, Eden Hills Kindergarten is a positive and enthusiatic centre for learning.
Curriculum Overview - Belonging, Being and Becoming
The Early Years Learning Framework for Australia
The Council of Australian Governments released the first national Early Years Learning Framework for early childhood educators in 2010.
It aims to extend and enrich children’s learning from birth to five years and through the transition to school.
The Framework’s vision is that: All
children experience learning that is
engaging and builds success for life.
- Is based on international evidence that early childhood is a vital period in children’s learning and development
- Emphasises the need for play-based learning
- Recognises the importance of communication and language, including literacy and numeracy and social and emotional development
- Is designed to be used in partnership with children’s families, which it recognises as a child’s first and most influential educators
The Framework conveys the highest expectations for children’s learning through five broad Learning Outcomes:
- Children have a strong sense of identity
- Children are connected with and contribute to their world
- Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
- Children are confident and involved learners
- Children are effective communicators
The Framework puts children’s learning at its core and comprises three inter-related elements: Principles, Practice and Learning Outcomes.
The introduction of this document gives educators and parents as educators the opportunity to open our minds to new possibilities when planning for children’s learning. The framework is broad and offers us the flexibility and licence to question old or entrenched systems and views.
Through an inquiry approach, we use of this framework to develop a deep rich curriculum for children. Information about our learning journey is documented on the Parent Notice Board in the main room. We are also documenting children’s learning in the form of a Statement of Learning which will be shared with children and parents, school and Kindergarten educators.
For more detailed information regarding the framework and phases of our early childhood curriculum please download the Documents below.
NOTE: All downloads open in a new browser window
|Download||File Size||File Type|
|Belonging, Being and Becoming: Framework||908KB||Adobe PDF|
|Belonging, Being and Becoming: Information for Families||246 KB||Adobe PDF|