The kindergarten has an extensive children’s library, where children are able to borrow books and literacy kits. We invite you to choose library items with your child and to record the details on the relevant card. Your child will be supplied with a library bag for their use at kindergarten. Please report any damage to books or kits to educators. Please help us to teach your child to care for books.
Take Home Resources
The kindergarten has a range of resources, which
the children are able to borrow: such as numeracy
kits, persona dolls and a science sack.
The resources are borrowed overnight and families are invited to write about their experience in the
Special Events on the Kindy Calendar
Throughout the Kindy year we hold a variety of special events. These events reinforce our learning initiatives and contribute to our belonging, being and becoming focus. Examples of these events include Twilight Kindy, Pancake breakfast, Reconciliation/Sorry Week activities, excursions to plays, morning teas to support charities such as the Cancer Council and our annual Arts Show.
To celebrate your child’s birthday, we make a playdough cake, add the appropriate number of candles, sing Happy Birthday and acknowledge the day with a birthday sticker. The Birthday child sits at the front and choses a special crown to wear.
Parent involvement is always appreciated. Not only do children benefit from the contact with a greater number of adults, but also parents often find it enlightening and rewarding to observe their child learning in the kindergarten setting.
- Cooking with a small group of children
- Music – come in and share your skills – singing, dancing or instrumental – with the children
- Creativity – you may like to impart particular skills you have with children and educators
- Maintenance – you may have a trade or you may just be handy. Please let us know if you have skills to share on a paid or volunteer basis.
- Library – maintaining the library is ongoing with cataloguing and covering new books, returning borrowed items to the shelves, mending and stock taking. You may like to take responsibility for this area of the kindergarten’s program.
- Governing Council – there is plenty of opportunity for interested parents to serve in this way whether skilled or unskilled. There is plenty of scope for people with ideas and enthusiasm to help with the decision making for the centre and the organising of function and fundraisers.
This list is not comprehensive and leaves room for your skills or interest to be shared or expressed within the program. The kindergarten is a community facility, which operates to meet the needs of families with pre-schoolers within the district. Please give some thought as to how you can contribute.
Nature Education Centre
Each term we borrow a selection of animals from the
Nature Education Centre so that the children can have the
opportunity to observe, handle and care for them.
Our Making Box
Our making box is in constant
need of boxes and bits and pieces. Please think of the kindy before
you throw anything away. We do not have room, nor is it safe to
store large quantities of recyclables so at times we may say
“enough”. Please speak to kindergarten educators if you come by
anything, especially interesting or rare. We would like first right